Sunday, November 23, 2014

It's Been Awhile

I haven't posted in nearly a month, mostly because I haven't been doing much travelling or cultural things. I've been doing lots and lots of knitting but this isn't a knitting blog! So I'm combining the past months little adventures into one post.

I finally went out in Shoreditch, London's hip hop happening party spot. (Do I sound old? I felt a little bit old) The drinking age here is 18 which makes me a good deal older than the majority of people who go out. Luckily Shoreditch has bars, pubs and clubs for everyone including me who wasn't in heels and a crazy tight dress. I really enjoyed the first place we went to which was a little bar called Catch. I didn't get any pictures because I was busy meeting friends of friends.

While it was fun night out, I definitely wasn't prepared for the next morning!


I took an insane trip into London with one of the boys. Did you know that most London underground stations DO NOT have elevators or ramps for accessibility? Clearly I missed that when planning my day trip to the Science Museum. I did learn that most Londoners will stop and offer to help carrying a stroller up and down multiple stairs. Still I was not and am not impressed with the underground system!! The museum was great fun, we wandered all around but it seems completely missed the children's area in the basement. We rather enjoyed looking at lorry's (trucks), trains, space ships, and cards. We were both tired right out by the time we got back home. 






London has the best pubs I can ever possibly imagine, they are gorgeous and historic! I went for drinks at the very same pub called the Anchor where William Shakespeare kept a room since the Globe is minutes away. Also at two other beautiful pubs the Dickens Inn and a similar one whose name I can't remember (ha ha), where the old designs blew me away. 

I had a very English Winter Wonderland in the pouring rain! I wasn't the only braving the rain to check out this amazing tradition at Hyde Park. It was absolutely amazing and aside from the rain instead of the snow, London certainly knows how to have a winter festival. There were market stalls, an ice rink, food stands, beer stalls, bands, and loads of rides and games for children. I hope to go back again when it's not raining! 







And just because I know everyone is curious about how my knitting is going 


(headbands, neck warmer and scarves galore) 


No comments:

Post a Comment