Thursday, January 29, 2015

Wish you were here?

It was really different this year having the chance to go home for christmas. I've had lots of people ask if I had a hard time coming back. I knew I wanted to come back to London, I have so much more to see and do. The first week I did miss my family, the loud and craziness of it! The next week I started planning and booking.


I've been having lots of fun, since I came back to London. I'm trying to get out lots more, though sometimes a good 80's movie night is a really good excuse to stay in. And Patrick Swayze is swoon worthy!


It still hasn't stopped raining since I got back….okay it has stopped a few times to go exploring on the weekend with a hot chocolate. During the week, we had to take advantage of the rain and puddle jump!


I bought my brother's old iPhone just before I left and have really enjoyed my first iPhone. I found a website called Case App where I could design my own phone case. I loved being able to create my own case, monogrammed of course! 


I took one of my favourite new boots for a walk in the sunshine in Oxford, and we even visited Oxford University! It was beautiful in Oxford, all the old buildings though I suspect it would be even better in the summertime when your fingers are not freezing off and there is lots more greenery. 






I booked a trip to Scotland and am looking at Paris now too as I'm going to be getting an extra week off just before Easter. I have 3 days booked in Scotland and can't wait to find Nessie! I have a tour booked to see Edinburgh, Inverness, Loch Ness, and so much more.  


I'm excited about Paris too and being able to explore the city of love! I will be able to have about 5 days there after I get back from Scotland. Hopefully that public school education of French will help me out while I am there. I'm looking forward to the Eiffel Tower, and all the museums. 


Here in London I've booked my Harry Potter tour, my brother is coming to visit in March, I've checked out some more pubs, taken walks by the Thames and by St. James park, and I'm looking forward to doing so much more. Now it hasn't quite warmed up to a temperature where I can wear shorts and a t-shirt buts it's not below freezing either so I'm doing my best to take advantage of being here in London!


No comments:

Post a Comment